Sunday, November 15, 2009

Best Girls and Fern Curls




ann arbor bride bouquet florist floral sweet pea floral design
My best girl Carly got married this summer, I did her flowers as my gift and got lots of assistance from the other bridesmaids.
Oldies but Goodies,  So yes it is November and I am just getting around to posting these Pictures from Carly and Paul Bower's Wedding in April.  Actually there is more to confess, Due to a raucous baccalaureate party  the night before I arranged these flowers with a bit of a head ache, worth it though :)
ann arbor bride bouquet florist floral sweet pea floral design wedding weddings events arrangements
Surrounded by friends outside Holy Trinity the Catholic chapel on campus at Eastern Michigan University
fern kermit mumsann arbor bride bouquet florist floral sweet pea floral design wedding weddings events arrangements
The day of the wedding Sally helps me wrap the bouquets with ribbon, I learned at Anna's wedding not to wrap them and then stick them in water over night unless you want a drippy slimy mess on your hands (literally) Sally helped all day the day before too including ribboning the corsages which I was dreading. She is really good at this and I hope she will come play flowers with us again.

Please don't tell the health department

ann arbor bride bouquet florist floral sweet pea floral design wedding weddings events arrangements
My roommate Laura and I discovered after three years living together that we wear the same size so I lent her a dress for the wedding (I wore that dress to a junior high dance in the 90s but its still hot) Here she is delivering the corsages to the groomsmen. Please notice the rad bat tattoo on her head. Laura is an amazing piercer at Pangea Piercing in Ann Arbor
Here at last all of our work behind us Melissa and I relax at reception in the hall below St. Thomas Down Town Ann Arbor. Carly and Paul are Hitched and everyone is gearing up to dance the night away